Out here in Az, We are trying to get more people into sailing and into racing. Its attitudes like yours that scare people away who might otherwise get into sailing and or racing. Maybe you don't care about that. I do.

CHILL MAN!!!

We are all learning the rules and how they apply to the many gray areas created in racing. You probably shouldn't come out here any time soon and race with us, because you will be PISSED!!! But we have a great bunch of guys with really cool boats!
The rest of you, come on out and race with us this winter, Im sure you can teach us desert dwellers a bunch.
But guess what. We have gone from a couple cats at a few events a year, to 10 to 15 cats on the third weekend of every month and growing. We will do anything to get people to come back out to the lake at the next event! Last weekend, I left my 2 cats at home so that I could climb aboard a new members cat and teach them how to keep it pointy side up.

At club racing, enjoy the racing, don't hit anyone, learn and / or teach the rules as you go. Just because you memorized the rule book doesn't make you an expert on the rules.

Last edited by azcat; 10/29/12 08:59 PM.

Auscat MKV 444 A class
NACRA I-20- 440/CATHATKA