You are using a tragedy to promote your religion, not heal the hurt done. Of course you won't let it go. It's more important to you that your religion is established as dominant than that you give up on something which may be hurtful to others.
<br>I really don't wish to have this discussion yet again, but here it goes, Miles, since you insist on proving my point: The principles in our gov't. are not uniquely Christian. Sorry, man, it's true. Of course there are mentions of god. But the concepts of freedom, respect for human rights, and the other key concepts are readily apparent in several other systems which are not only devoid of but prior to Christianity. If you're so lacking in knowledge of other ethical and political systems that you don't believe this, I'd be happy to help educate you. However, if you are, you should probably refrain from making statements like "when Christian principles leave...what are we left with" until you know what we ARE left with. The founding fathers had lots of ideas, and (I hope) we are not opposed to modifying some of them. You know, the stuff about women voting, etc. I have a great deal of respect for several of those individuals, but times change. So I repeat. Get off your moral high-ground and understand that there are highly ethical non-christians out there who keep quiet in order to avoid hurting people's feelings, BUT WHO WOULD APPRECIATE THE SAME COURTESY. Now, when was the last time you went sailing? :-)
<br>Thanks
<br>Michael<br><br>

Attached Files
2757- (23 downloads)