Tami,
<br>Wow, I you seem to have a lot of anger stored up for Christians. Since you seem to focus much of your critique on biblical and historical accuracy I would like to recommend to you a small book that all who engage in debates over Christianity and other religions should read (Christians especially should read). The book is called "Mere Christianity" by C.S. Lewis. The title refers to him explaining the essence of Christian belief, without all its trappings applied by the established churches, hence the word "mere". You will find it very enlightening, whether or not the book convinces you of the divinity of Jesus. One central point you should know, which is central to Christianity, is that Jesus, in all his teachings, was very clear about his claim he was the "son of God". This claim is blasphemy to a devout Jew and would be grounds for killing in those days. When you read the gospels with an understanding of the culture of those times, you realize that Jesus was very much an "in your face" person to the religious establishment of the day (the pharises).
<br>
<br>Now if someone claims to be devine--to be the Son of God, one could honestly question their sanity. After all there are many in mental institutions today that make such a claim. In regards to Jesus' claim, we are left with three choices in response. One, if you don't accept his claim, but think he is sincere, then you would take pity on him as a deranged person. Two, if you think he is not insane, but lying, then he is an evil person and probably deserved what he got. Third, if you think he is telling the truth, then one's only proper response is to fall at his feet and worship him. (I know that sounds extreme, but how else should one respond to an infinite God, who presents himself to humanity in our form?)
<br>
<br>The Christian obviously believes the third option and hopes that all people will carefully consider their response to Jesus. One's eternal (spiritual) situation may depend on your response. In the end, don't confuse all the trapppiings of organized religion with the central message of Christianity; that message often gets hidden. Thank you for bearing with me on this short explanation. I do find a relation between the spiritual side of life and sailing, and its not just when facing a potential pitchpole.<br><br>

Attached Files
2789- (17 downloads)