Originally Posted by Jake

One could argue that the crew adjust the sails, sails capture wind propelling the boat forward, and the wands use the forward motion that resulted from the sailor's "power".

The intent of that rule was to disallow motorized, hydraulics, and/or other types of stored energy systems. I don't think there should be an issue with a wand tapping the surface of the water and adjusting a foil.

I 100% agree and the issue expressed isn't mine but the accepted interpretation by the one class that has made foiling a true success and the reason they write the change of ISAF rules into their rules. Which is my point about the need for a rule change or an official interpretation. If I was one of the people behind this project I'd be contacting the ISAF and getting an official interpretation before investing production and marketing funds. This won't be a cheap boat and if is to be a success it will be racing sailors buying it and they wont buy it if they're worried about being protested out of big events.