Originally Posted by Rolf_Nilsen
What is the point of this boat?

1: To be faster than archimedan beachcats

2: To be a foiling beachcat

3: To be a line-honors beachcat

4: Have fun

When comparing the technology in this boat with "Off Yer Rocker", why is this boat a possible success compared to the first foiling C-class? Is the wand control system a "faster" solution compared to non-adjusting foils?

Rolf,
That's exactly what I was thinking. What speed is the boat traveling in the vortex test video? I would be curious to compare numbers with non-foiling (F-18?) and other foiling boats in the same conditions. The Whisper does seem to get up on foils pretty early but that doesn't surprise me comparing the lifting surface area. I bet it has an advantage in low wind but would get mowed down by a c-foiling boat once the wind picked up. I'm not an engineer or a scientist so this is all layman speculation.

I think the Whisper would be a hoot to use in a light/moderate wind Round the Island. At least until you get to the "narrows".

Regardless of the price it will be out of my budget, but I would be surprised if it comes out any lower than 30K. I would think a great price would be in the low to mid 20s. Heck, at that price I may own a used one in a decade or two.

Rob V. Nacra 5.2 Panama City