As you all may know I started this race 30 years ago, with start out of the Caribbean Club. At that time the bar and boats got along just fine. After I bought Rick's Place Motel, we then had two friendly launching sites. I never dreamed that after selling the motel the Caribbean Club would be managed by radically crazy people.
That left Gilberts where at first they were very friendly. That is one year. Then the next year they were not. Then nice, then nasty. It has indeed been perplexing to all of us.
I do disagree with how bad Ann's Beach is. Boats go afloat only when they are not secured properly. We have been lucky the Village has not harrassed us about its use.
As you all might recall I suggest this new venue that David pointed out almost two years ago and pretty much was told it would not work. Now you want it. Fine. From my standpoint it is a lot easier to operate and much more comfortable than sitting on a sandy beach all day. And I don't have to clean my house for a Friday night meeting.
I am however not comfortable on how this was handled without conference with me. I would have thought I would be the first person you would have talked to about the change. Enough said!

If there are no objections, I will make the necessary changes to the NOR and SI's
Good sailing,
Rick
Rick White, Publisher/Editor/Webmaster
Catsailor Magazine's OnLine Marine Store
PO Box 2060, Key Largo, FL 33037
305-451-3287, rick@catsailor.com
www.OnLineMarineStore.com

Rick White
Catsailor Magazine & OnLineMarineStore.com
www.onlinemarinestore.com