Jeff this is great news, and I just got the list from SoCal that there are also 19 boats there. And there's another 15-20 in the Bay Area.

Sorry if I sounded harsh in my original response. I take it a little personally when people throw the class to the curb. We're making efforts to do more marketing, but it's time consuming and expensive. The current officers don't have a lot of time, we don't have volunteers stepping up to do things, and we don't have a ton of money to pour into marketing. Though we do sponsor the nationals each year with a generous donation and we plan to spend some more money on marketing, but it's hard to know what to spend it on when people are so hit or miss via social media and emails.
The best thing class members can do is:
1)be the drummer of their local fleet, this has worked everywhere we have someone actively doing it. Keeping it organized, keeping track of members, keeping in contact with members, and etc.
2)Sending USF18 content for marketing on our website... we have to beg for regatta dates and regatta write ups... we don't have time to do that
We have area reps who are supposed to do both of the above. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, but it takes a lot to chase them down and keep material coming. If everyone could contribute it would be much more apparent that the class is doing pretty well.