Originally Posted by bacho
Offset mark 90* off the A mark it was "way too high".

I have always tried to personally thank all volunteers at regattas when I have the opportunity, whether I am a happy camper or not. On a few occasions I have sent a private e-mail to the OA/PRO. Sometimes its thanking them for an exceptional regatta or its offering my feedback with some suggestions as nicely as I can.

I will admit that when I have to pay $150+ for a regatta I do tend to feel more like a customer than a guest.

wow... whining about an offset mark. Is there a rule it has to be 90 degrees from A?

And admit it... you're cheap. Where else will you get an enjoyable weekend on a boat for $150?

I mentally write it off as a fundraiser (for the host club)...to go for alcohol rehab counseling on the poor volunteers

Our paper club did the "regatta network" thing where you signed up for the whole season at a discount. I think it gave me 7 regattas. It only hurts to write the check once per year! And the club(s) have some idea of revenue/attendance.

I can't really say that by not attending a regatta it's 100% profit for the club, since their costs are the same whether they are one boat short or not... But maybe they save on a few extra bottles of rum

We pay top dollar for that little teensy string we use (to look cool), but feel an all-inclusive weekend of racing should be less than $75...

Jay