Well, as always I came on a bit strong. My blunt responses were more motivated by frustration than by biases like EU vs US and F16 HP. Frustrations that many points raised by others were raised many times before and adequately answered to, but never seem to be resolved.
<br>
<br>It would have been wiser of me not to let this guide my actions.
<br>
<br>My further replies behind (wouter)
<br>
<br>>>You have a bias towards the 16s -promoting it as the lightweight quote "giant killer " --
<br>
<br>(wouter) I've never used these world although the name David and Goliath cup will give just this impression. Now, I'm careful not to include the F16 in the posts I make on this F20 forum. For obvious reasons. However, a substantial part of my knowlegde comes from analyses made with respect to this class. I would like to pass the things I found on to you, the F20, so that you don't have to waste time on discovering these things yourself.
<br>
<br>>>Also the always present anti U S --Euro first perspective ,--
<br>
<br>
<br>(wouter) What did I say ? I'm not denying that I'm know for this kind of behaviour but I fail to see it in my post with respect to F20. Please note that I would have said exactly the same if this group was based in Japan.
<br>
<br>
<br>>>>We all have to follow existing iF 20 RULES ,--regardless of very differing set of circumstances ,--and your quote to the effect above -{-the I-20 Class sailors are not going to support this }
<br>
<br>
<br>(wouter) I'm sorry but this is a oversimplication of the situation. I wanted to point out that iF20 is the obvious and easiest way to go F20 in the US. You have two builders and dealornetwerks aready selling iF20 boats. And US I-20 is really a iF20 despite it's sligthly expanded mainsail. So hte choice will be either this or a completely new class just as Maurizio said. Anything in between will be jus that a in between class and I really doubt wether baotbuiders are interested in that.
<br>
<br>My comment about the I-20 sailors is that they don't seem to want to give an inch to the other classes. Now when a group this large doesn't want to work towards a compromise (which is the basis of a formula class) than you don't really have a basis to form a formula class on. You than have a basis to form a US I-20 class. The other part of the comment was that nearly all people will agree to anything and say "they support it" when it doesn't costs them anything, it is a completely different story when they need to invest. The first is just saying stuff the last is what is really meant by support.
<br>
<br>
<br>>> --I-20 sailors are the large part of existing posts and interest ,---Your comments like these are counter productive , and clearly demonstrate your own personal bias .
<br>
<br>(wouter) Somebody said a while ago that I should ask more questions so her goes. How do you propose to attract H20, N6.0, Mystere 6.0, Prindle 19 sailors to this class which is effectively as US I-20 class. What are you going to tell them to convince them that it is in their interest and entlargement of sailing joy to participate in such a class on a NON US I-20 boat.
<br>
<br>I wish to underline, that when you can't formula a really catchy answer that this point will proof to be the stumbling block over which this F20 group may fall.
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>Wouter<br><br>

Attached Files
3953- (130 downloads)

Wouter Hijink
Formula 16 NED 243 (one-off; homebuild)
The Netherlands