Dear members,

Again a year has passed and we are back at our yearly review of the class rules.

Of course two issues have already been handled in May/June 2004 because of their pressing nature. So I don't expect many proposals to pop up at this review. However if you do have any suggestions or proposals then please enter them. Either in private to F16class@xs4all.nl or publically via a reply to this post.

Remember any proposal must be supported by a write-up that explains the reasons for the given proposals as well as a discussion of what the effects of not acting could be. Please also note that the proposals must make sense. I mean simply stating that the mast lengths should be lengthened to 9 mtr is non-sensical as all current F16's have 8.5 mtr masts and none of the F16 builders wants to have 9 mtr mast on their boats (expressed in writing to me). You may think that 9 mtr masts are an improvement personally but this is not the same being an improvement to the Formula 16 setup as a class.

So where do you guys see a problem in the F16 rules or see room to improve on them ?

With kind regards,

Wouter Hijink

Chairman Formula 16 class

Wouter Hijink
Formula 16 NED 243 (one-off; homebuild)
The Netherlands