Wouter, I have a few more comments and questions about the rules:

1. Just a suggestion that maybe in the rules you could change the word "gennaker" to "spinnaker." Gennaker seems to have a different definition in Europe than it does in the United States. I have always known the gennaker as a hybrid word that refers to a sail that is a cross between a genoa jib and a spinnaker and has a wire luff. In other words, a very lightweight reacher. About a year ago I learned that in Europe a gennaker refers to a spinnaker. So now when people use that word I am never quite clear what they are referring to -- or what they think they are referring to.

2. I don't quite understand the difference between Section 5 (Dispensation) and Section 6 (Grandfathering). Dispensation comes from the Formula 16 Authority and is "limited in duration and reviewed yearly." Grandfathering is done by the local F16 class organization, and it does not say it is limited or reviewed.
So, is grandfathering as described in Section 6 a permanent condition? Or should it be worded the same as Section 5?

3. I have a question about Section 6.1.3 "Both the SCHRS (ISAF) and Texel rating of the design must be equal to or slower than the rating assigned to the Formula 16 class."

I gather that this means the "local F-16 Class organization" cannot take into consideration the rating system used in their particular country? As you know, in the United States we use the Portsmouth handicapping system for our open-class racing. And since most sailors in this country are not familiar with the SCHRS and the Texel systems, does the local organization contact you (the Authority) to find out what those ratings are? Would everybody basically have three ratings, and how they use them would depend on whether they want to race in the Open Formula 16 class or in regular open class?

And, of course, those ratings are subject to change based upon performance, so if your SCHRS and/or Texel rating changes, that could affect whether or not you can stay in the Open F16 class; right?
You don't have to actually answer me. I'm just responding to your request for suggestions.