Please wait.

Wouter: what's wrong with this suggestion??

Nothing wrong. I'm just waiting for a public Catsailor posting by a party and for a reply by the Aus Taipan sailors. I totally expect to see the first and may have to abandon waiting for the second if they do not reply. But I'm giving both parties time in which to formulate and enter a response.

You mentioned in one of your first posts that Saarberg could produce a dependable carbon mast that would result in a tip weight of 5.5kg, so what's the big deal?

What are you really asking here, can you explain please ?

On the one hand, you've immediately scrapped the 6.5kg tip weight rule and changed it to 5.5kg. Fair enough, I think we can all see why this was done and seems to be fair and reasonable to include all the Stealth's that already exist and to promote harmony between all the F16 sub-classes. Then you say that all new masts must comply with the 6.5kg tipweight rule that is still in force.

My mistake I used my powers as a chairman to TEMPORARY lower the masttipweight so that we didn't have to turn away any Stealth F16 sailors at racing while we were still debating what to do. This bought us time. The warning to new masts is that I don't know yet what will happen with the tipweight rule but what ever happens will applie to all masts. Even if it is decided to keep the old rule.

I don't understand - didn't you just change that rule as part of your 'chairman' abilities???

Well, I think I suspended it temporarily more than changed it permanently. At least for now.

Also, you champion the fact that we are a class that discusses rules, changes, developments, thoughts etc openly yet you say that there is 'movement' regarding this rule and you're going to settle it shortly. again.... I don't understand! what is this movement, why haven't we been told about it, who is the movement being done by/to,

We are measuring masts at this time and debating between a few important parties about what to do. Also WE're going to settle this issue soon. Not I. If I settle the issue than it means that we couldn't find concensus with the various parties and that I have to force the decision, I'm trying to avoid that. You will know more when more news comes in. Please be patient.

will this be another rule that becomes 'chairman-ised' and when do 'we' get to know about it????

Relax man, I'm not doing this for pay and these things cost time. You will all know about it and get a chance to give a piece of your mind on it as well. As always !

Wouter

On the up-side, thanks for the short post - even though it did prompt even more questions.

Andy.

Wouter Hijink
Formula 16 NED 243 (one-off; homebuild)
The Netherlands