Darryl,
It's not quite that simple. You cannot call it anything that even implies or gives the impression to anybody that it is a world championship. I like your ideas, but I don't know whether they would be acceptable.

Even the Caribbean Championships are not technically "legal" under ISAF because that would constitute a regional championship, which would have to be approved by ISAF. I was told that ISAF is letting that happen because that region is in the process of applying for status with ISAF.

Based upon what I was told, technically any class that is not an ISAF International or Recognized Class cannot hold North American Championships, because they involve more than one country. So far this has not been enforced here.

The International C-Class Catamaran Championship (Little America's Cup) was just as illegal as the Wave Worlds was, because the C-Class is no longer an ISAF international class and is not allowed to use the word "International" for its event or in the name of its class. ISAF will be looking into this, I was told.