Wow, Catwoman. Bummer. I'm not surprised about the microburst, but I am surprised about the attitude of your fellow fleet members. Our Fleet (wnycatmaran.org) has been hit a few times by these storms and you're right, those Cats start flying. It seems that since we moved to a new location a few years ago that forces you to drive up a five foot incline, everyone now ties their boats, but those of us with Trailex trailers (there has to be at least a dozen in our Fleet) have even seen the trailers go for a walk.

How about some leadership from the Commodore and the Directors? Couldn't they organize a repair party on one day to do all the Gelcoat work? It doesn't sound like that kind of tossing would actually split a hull to irreperable damage, but I'm sure you could get a mast bent;. Our Fleet requires every boat to be insured, but most of us do not contact our insurance companies for small things under $1,000.

Let me know what happens...If your Fleet members are still rude, move up here with us; we'd love to have you. Of course, we only sail five months of the year, but we do have skiing to keep us busy.

Wyatt