Mary this could very be one of the forgotten scenes in Hiassen novel. The girl looked to be about 40 years old ( that could be troll years) but she looked pretty weathered on starboard .She apparently was just roaming around town but was at one time a resident in my town. She looked suspiciously like the girl who was married to a barfly that owned a bait and tackle store not far from the bridge.If she was, then this definately is one of Carls stories come true.This guy woke up drunk,stayed drunk the whole business day and thought about getting drunk after work .He had a helpful buddy there to stop thievery that would dip into the till after every transaction go next door into the bar to keep fueled up as a reward and denied it every time for months. The owner caught him when I was there once to buy a rod and reel and the two drunks had a frozen bait and fishing lure fight. Needless to say the police were in there more than the bar next door.The bait shop and small house was inherited and eventually lost for whatever reason. That early evening of the incident though, I stopped back to see the police now involved. They held and questioned me with suspicion. I figured it best to stop rather than to have the open question of "Where is the guy in the white paint van that you got this info from Mr.Trollbridge Tender!