Maybe the Spring Fever organizers,like all organizers, should look at the "Feedback" and see what can be done differant to attract more boats.(the numbers seem to be declining)
I went in 2000 and did have some issues. The red clay I can get over. The small shifty lake is normal for me. After driving all night and getting there Friday, we quickly registered and got the boat to the beach to go out. It was blowing about 20. Most of the 16's were already there and on the beach. They chose not to register and stayed on the beach. I was not happy to find out that they all would get average finishes later. On Saturday I was over early on the last race of the day and went back to be sure and get a finish. The RC did not see this and I was given an OCS. I tried to file for redress and was told there were no forms and no jury and nothing could be done. Another sailor wanted to file a protest and had the same results. I had at least 5 witnesses that would testify that I had went back. On Sunday there was no wind. A race was started and everyone floated for a very long time. Not light wind, 0 with puffs to 1. I will go places for a great party,which it was, but the race management has got to be good to make the long drive. I could live with loosing a hearing, but not with being told I could not have one. At the awards ceromony it was announced that once again "there were no protests" and then to have guys that did not race on Friday that were there finish ahead me.That was the icing on the cake for me. The comments made in prevoius posts about why they will not attend all go back to the race management and quality of the on the water racing. Try to look at the complaining as feedback,filter out what is constructive, and try to do better.
Give a kid some stick time.

Attached Files
70344-sarahskip.jpg (46 downloads)

Pat Bisesi Fleet 204