I'll put Mary down as another happy user of the stainless elongated bones. Such a vast improvement over the Hobie originals.

Cable bones, aka "Can't Miss" handles... hopefully I'll have the chance to try some while crewing on someone's boat in the next few weeks... (too much LIGHTNING this Sunday!) In general, the thrifty Scotsman in me looks askance at dogbones that have to be trashed every 2 seasons.

I just noticed in Dean's second post about the diamond wires just holding the mast up. Could you be referring to the shrouds? Diamond wires are to keep the mast from going too far out of column.

Exactly, I had the same reservations, but having NO experience with Solcats, I had to defer. The grainy photos were ambiguous.

In reply to Reefed One about the pole in the middle, there is a support beam running fore and aft in the middle of the boat. I don't know if it was to try to stabilize the frame or hold the tramp up.

Wow, looks like a real KNEE-BREAKER. The mfrs. must know something about the weakness of the hulls/decks to include such a structural member... hmmm... I'd thought just maybe it was the first production cat to include a built-in righting pole!