Now I'm confused.....
Does the chicken line (hate that name btw -would prefer flying crew preventer) string through the rear beam in that drawing Dan did? If so, doesn't it interfer with the helmsman when it crosses him/her going to the forward trap dogbone? Seems like it would be another thing to watch out for when the helmsman slips off the tramp to go out on the wire. I like the idea of having a line to hang on to for the forward crew to steady themselves with in rough seas or in the event of a .........unplanned deceleration, but not at the expense of yet another thing to get wrapped up in or untangle or trip over.

If it's going through the forward beam I can't see how it would help on the unplanned deceleration situation since the line would, more than likely, be running forward of the crew on the wire.

I know I'm missing something but I just can't picture this...

One last thing..... how do you think it would be if when the family is on the boat (ie not racing) using those foam noodles with a slit all the way length-wise put over the shrouds to protect body parts in the event of a flight forward? I'm even thinking of putting them on the trap wires. It would look stupid but so does wire marks on skin.

Greg

The nice part about being a pessimist is that you are constantly being either proven right or pleasantly surprised. - George Will
"It's not that liberals aren't smart, it's just that so much of what they know isn't so" -Ronald Reagan