Like I pointed out in another thread, those pictures didn't do the swells justice that day. Often, we were punching a wave and the water would try to wash me off the back. Aren't those some nice Barz goggles I have? (Thanks Murray's!)
The chicken line system I have gone to on my boat is different from the one Jake posted a pic of. Our new way is much simpler and easier to rig. Thanks to Charlie and Harry from Key Sailing for the setup idea.
The line is tied to a footstrap at the very rear of the hull. It runs forward all the way to the front bridle wires, and then goes through a shackle that I have put in place of a pin where the bridle connects to the hull. It goes through that shackle, and turns back toward the tramp. About halfway between the bridle and the tramp, I have directly connected the line to some 1/4" bungee, which then is tied to a tramp lacing about halfway back the tramp. There is a rope-lock (like used on a trapeze system, the little black "8" looking piece), that is on the line between that shackle and the bungee to allow adjustment for how far out you want the chicken line to go. Works like a charm! If you look on the starboard hull in the attached pic, you can see the where the line runs through the shackle and back to the tramp (including were the bungee connects in).

Attached Files

Trey