Andinista,
Well, it was all in the family. My sister and her husband had bought them, and I was bringing them up to Ohio to help form our new Wave fleet. They had bought them from another friend of ours down here in Florida who had been sailing Waves with us and who is impeccable about maintaining his boats and his equipment and had been trailering his boats all over Florida with this same trailer with no problems whatsoever.

The only problem was that he does not hogtie things down as much as I do, and the boats had slid back a little bit. No big deal. It was just common sense to redistribute the load, and I'm sorry I even consulted that so-called trucker.

As far as risking the lives of other people on the highway, I don't think so. Based upon his analysis, the worst thing that could have happened was that the bearings might go on one of the trailer wheel hubs, which would have left me possibly stranded alongside the road for a while.

Have you ever heard a high singing noise when you are pulling a trailer? That's the sound of wheel bearings starting to seize up. Rick and I have experienced that twice, and both times we have ended up staying overnight in unplanned places.

Doesn't endanger others, but it's not something I wanted to experience all by myself pulling a trailer through the mountains.

Fortunately, shifting the load forward and tying it down better solved the problem. Although, I still worried about the bearings all the way north.