Just kidding. BTW, Thank you for your service in New Orleans. My Neighbor, also RN, was there with a NW Medical Team, only to arrive and be in the second hurricane. A month later she was off to India on a scheduled trip with the team. This week she just got back from a month in Uganda. People like she, and you make this a better world, and give us all hope.

Caleb

Thanks,
I know your neighbor must have told you how surreal it all was. I actually went alone. I hopped a flight with a pilot I was dating at the time. He was taking some business men down to survey the damage to their investments. I just sort of jumped out at the airport and said 'can you use a nurse?' (I had called the Red Cross to see if I could practice with a South Carolina license before I went.)
I was there three weeks after the hurricane and it was as if it had happened yesterday. Other than the human suffering of course, the thing that was hardest for me was the callous attitude of the men I flew with. They thought I was foolish to dirty my hands caring for 'those people' who did not leave when they should have. I was furious with them. I felt ridiculed. I would have much rather traveled with other nurses.

So much for the dating that guy.