"Baking" a boat only really works when the boat is new. However, I do it once a year to dry out the moisture in the boat due to ocean racing.

First you disassemble the boat down to individual hulls. (you can leave on any blocks but, mounting bolts (for crossbeams and rudders) need to be removed. Also the plugs need to be out.

For a new boat, Vacuum out the hull the best you can.

For a wet boat, Hose out the inside with a 10% bleach, 5% dishsoap solution (kills mold and lifts salt). Make sure that you do not fill the hull -- never have more than about ten gallons of water in the hull. Then rinse liberally with fresh water until it rund clear/clean. I taste test the water just before I stop. If it tastes salty I redo, if soapy I continue to rinse if it tastes like a boats water tank its ready.

Next, place the hull deck down on three saw horses. (I do both hulls at one time places side by side on different saw horses 36inches a part.

Next build a T beam. Basically, four inverted T braces length tall enough to keep the tarp off of the huls with a 2X4 beam running the equal length of the hulls.

Next I use a heavy X army tent as a tarp to cover the whole lot. Note DO NOT LET the tarp touch the hulls. I use the gromets in the tent to tie off the tent to ensure that it doesn't sag on the hulls. Make sure the tent touches the floor around the boat.

Next, I set up two electric space heaters (one at each end about two feet in to the tent). Then I place two floor fans (small-set on low) about six feet in from the heaters and point them straight up. Make sure that nothing electric is under the hulls because they are going to drip water!!!!! This is really important.

Then I turn on the heaters to medium which is about 120-140 degrees and let it run for two days.

NOTE if the boat is new use a milk crate and make a floor vent on one side of the tent to let fumes vent.

The heaters will cycle so you don't have to worry about anything catching fire and I use industrial ones that shut down if they get too hot. (Hell, I bought them at walmart so there not that expensive)

After two days shut off the heaters but not the fans. Let it cool for a day so you don't shock the process but really so you don't burn yourself on anything. Remember everything in there is about 150 degrees.

The next day the boat should still be about 100 degrees when you start taking apart the tent.

Since everything is up on a stand I usually wax the hulls at this time since the hulls are warm the wax goes on easy. For the record I use a teflon based avaition wax made for the Lancair -- you can buy it online and it lasts forever.

After all that just put the boat back together or store it for the winter.

Its a long process but the boats have stayed as new and have not gained any weight over the years.

Steve