More from Jacques Bernier

Well, what can I say... there isn't much wind in the south of France in July.... we've become experts at launching... we get sent out... then we bob around for a while, only to be sent back to the beach... then we head back out and bob around and wait...

We did actually get in one race today. For some of the front guys there were some problems. Bundy went hard right in the first fleet, however the wind filled from the left and he was out of luck. He's now keeping a 19. Next was Mischa - taking a drop race... and then Mark Laruffa from OZ fell back too.

We're now sitting nicely in 8th, only some points out of a top five (which I thought would never be possible.. but here we are anyway!)

There are quite allot of protest on right now.. so I have no firm idea of what exactly will turn out for the a.m.

This place has had it all - and the committee is doing the best they can, but when the winds are only 6 knots and then the fleet has three generals - its hard to get races off.

Tomorrow will be the last day... there is suppose to be a Gold and Silver split - but I still have't figured out who's in or who's out.
The other USA team of Nigel Pitt and Alex Schaffer pulled out today - citing poor results and much work at home as the reasons... just passing that along to those who might not know they bailed.
OK - so tomorrow it's all on!

See ya-

JB