hi Dirk

well, I wasn't too sure of the curved boards my self, so this year I bought a new MK 2 egner platform with straight, canted boards.
The boat itself is really good , for me( 84 kgs ), defitely better then the mk1 in a breeze and solid like a rock with high mod carbon beams .

But the results were less then on my old boat with the curved boards ..... Difficult to say if the boards bring something , but it looks faster, so it feels faster, so it is faster .....
I am just thinking of building two new bananaboards fo the mk2 this winter.
ughf, then I have to put the jigsaw in the new flyer 2 for the new daggerboard cases . I need to find some courage to do that ....

Small technical point what I have to figure out is the optimal angle of the boards . My mk 1 flyer had the radius 1800 mm boards in the straightdaggerboard case.
If I replace the canted daggerboardcase from the mk2 by new one the boards are quite extreme canted in .... ( just meeting the 1500 mm rule) Nils bunkenburg's new boat has 1500 mm radius boards, under that extreme angle...
But Nils was not really as flashy as normal this season , but again , difficult to say if that has to do with the boards...

i keep you updated!

PJ