Actually what I meant by getting it through a gate is that these people who buy the boat are going to have to store the boat somewhere. In alot of neighborhoods they do not allow you to store a boat beside your house, so most people will have to store it in the backyard. A boat on a trailor will not go into a backyard. I was thinking that this boat might break down in to something pretty small but after thinking about that it makes things a mess during assmebly.

I like the rollers idea, that would allow almost anyone to haul the boat. What made me start thinking about the transport was the kids that live across the street. Their mother is raising them alone, she is always hauling them around to soccor games and what not, so if she is willing to do that she and other mothers would probably be willing to haul the boat out to the lake. Single mothers have to be able to get their kids on the water without much more trouble than they take them to soccor practice.

If this boat is really going to take off and kids all over start sailing it we will have to think out every angle.

I am glad to see people working on this. More people out on the water will create a higher demand for performance boats. Hopefully this will cause some companies to create inovative new designs.

Once you go cat you never go back! Nacra 5.2 (Elsies)#1499, running an inter17 spin!