is the hull design finished? If so could you publish your drawings so I can get them to a plotter?

It is finished in concept. I'm now working out the dimensions of the panels and the curves on the seams. But I must caution everybody that a large extend of hull design is where to place the volume and how to curve the keel-line. Those are things that need to be optimized by prototyping a boat, sail it and then adjusting the hull shape. Probably after the 3rd iteration the hull will be as we want it to be. This will take about 12 to 18 months if we work at it hard.

I don't have the resources to prototype the boat myself at this time so other people will have to do that. Also I think I've done my investment already in working out the design. I'm happy to see someone else do the prototyping and then I can adjust the design based on the feedback.

One alternative would be to buy the arafura cadet catamaran plans and build those hulls. Then you are assured that the hullshape is close to what you want and that the hull construction is dependable.

But if you are a little bit more adventurous then the new 5-chine wave-piercer hull is your candy.

I will be a few more weeks till I have figured out the right keel curve and bulkhead frames. I'm lofting the 5-chine hull in simulation software. But the design is coming, you can be assured of that.

Also, would a simple H14 rudder setup work on this?

I don't see why not ?

If the rudderboard area is large enough then by all means use any catmaran rudder system that is available to you.

The only other requirement of the rudders is that you should be able to balance them, afterall we are using the rudders as daggerbaord replacements and so unbalanced rudders will have very heavy weather helm feel.

Wouter

Wouter Hijink
Formula 16 NED 243 (one-off; homebuild)
The Netherlands