Formula 16 and a score of other Australian cat designs.

The moth class has largely been a homebuilders class for decades.

Weren't a lot of tornado's build in ply back in the days.

How did the optimist start ? TIMBER !

I can tell you right now that more of these timbers boats were homebuild then Hobie ever sells in the way of rotomoulded products. The mosquito design alone (now part of F16) was homebuild a couple of thousant times.

And there were more F16's in the last (200 boat) cat event that I went to then Hobie 16's

Now can we PLEASE get of the "HOBIE" bandwagon ? It is like a persistant and gusty crosswind when driving on the freeway of thought.

Besides I think that I can claim some promo and sales skills. That Hobie wave (and let alone the hobie twixxy tuddler doddly humpy dumpy and whatever name they think of next.) is still waaaaaaay behind world status with respect to the F16's.

Now I REALLY don't want to discuss F16's or "I did this ..." or "they didn't do that ..."

So lets leave "Hobie" out of the discussion please and focus fully on the F12 and just MAKE it work.

Sooo, who I volunteering for some work ?

Pbisesi ? Can we invite you to do some analysis work on how such a boat can be build by a group of amateurs at a sail club. This mostly with respect to hulls and sails the other points have al pretty much been covered. What would be too hard for such a group, space confinements, available tooling etc.

Wouter

Last edited by Wouter; 01/09/07 02:04 PM.

Wouter Hijink
Formula 16 NED 243 (one-off; homebuild)
The Netherlands