I agree with Mark about the parallel universe that we live in not being helpful to our cause overall. I've spent a lot of time in monohull world this year, in Newport, RI. I can tell you that other than the Tornados getting attention because of the close racing in the Olympic Trials, they have absolutely no clue how successful we are overall. When I mentioned that there is a two-week, 60-supplied-boat Hobie Worlds happening in Fiji as we speak, they were completely in shock that such an event could be happening in ANY class, mono, multi, or otherwise. We ran a 55+ boat Hobie 16 NAs in Narragansett, RI last year, and other than the judges that helped at the event, no one had a clue that we existed.

Anyway, the USSA website is a disjointed mess. This may very well be an indication of how the organization is structured and managed, but certainly is not helpful to the average sailor who is not intimately familiar with their "system." This is apparent in a number of areas, including championships, junior events vs. Junior Olympics, etc. To join as a multihull sailor, you have to join through the multihull council, which has its own form in its own section of the site, which does not appear to have a link from the general Membership section of the website. Clear as mud...

Mike