I vote for #5 lets use what we have without creating yet another sailboat for kids. There is the Opti, Open Bic, 29er, Wave, Bravo, Mystere 4.3, SL 16 (for bigger kids), H16, and on and on and on. Sorry guys but most parents are not going to buy this boat (I am sure there are a few parents on this forum and I mean a few that will buy it). Hay I was on the water last summer on my H16 and passed one of those Mystere 4.3, I thought that was going to be your big youth boat. Dart also came out with a great boat for kids, Hobie has the Hobie Dragoon, and there are more out there. You guys keep proliferating the market with more and more boats and you wonder why no certain class can establish it’s self. How about everyone that bought a Mystere 4.3’, Bravo,s Wave’s, Dargoons, Darts, and so on are you going to sell your boats and buy yet another new design? I can’t wait until next year to see what other new boat comes out for youth so I can yet again sell what I have and buy that boat, NOT! So I am a little confused, now why do we need yet another kid/youth boat? Sorry guys but you all seem to be a bit out of tough with current state of affair in the sailing world, and really really out of touch with reality, and in particular with what kids want. Oh I sure hope this boat of yours is going to be durable so when they run into a dock it will withstand the impact like a Hobie Wave.

I showed my kids your boat design and they said it looks cool but my twin sons said they will stick with the Open Bic, my daughter said no thanks she will stick with the Wave so she can take all your friends out. My sons love to do tacking wars and flip over and over and over. My daughter as she indicated loves to take as many friends out on the Wave as possible. Even though my kids love to race the social and fun factor of the boat is far more important than if it looks cool and is a little faster than another boat.

We just came back from a week long trip on Hobie Islands and now my kids all want Islands. Pedaled, paddled, and sailed there butts off and had the time of there life.

Still good luck with this project,