Well Wouter is true to form as usual!

Ok I am a sailboat dealer and I will tell you about the customers that at least go through my front door. Customer whether experienced or not are looking for simplicity, stability, versatility, and fun. I always keep a bunch of Hobie Islands in stock because in the busy season I will sell a bunch each week, not each month but each week. I know you guys think they suck but this little trimaran has hit the market right on the head, for most of my customers.

My kids love the Islands followed by the Wave & Open Bic. My older clientele are buying Getaways, H16’s, and C22’s, and Snarks the most economical sailboat on the planet. I always have these boats in stock. I have tried tons of other model sailboats (including other catamaran manufactures) but the above is what sells and is what people at least in my area are buying. Heck every season I consistently sell Hobie 16’s (the boat on this forum that every says sucks and no one wants).

I have notices an increase of interest in sailing as the gas prices have risen. I run a sailing school for dinghy (with Wave’s and Open Bic’s), trail-able multihulls (R33), and keelboat class (C22). Sailing is our area is really growing. Our club has really grow in particular because of the Island and stable H16 and Wave crowed.