Would it be beneficial to hold a vote of contributors and observers opinions on this? I suggest that before doing so voters be compelled to read North Sails' information on the process and structure of 3DL sails.
My understanding of this is that the mylar film panel overlap and shape is of little consequence to the form of the sail shape. The film acts as a carrier for the adhesive (pre-consolidation) and north sails quote the 'ADHESIVE' as being responsible for the bonding of the structural fibres. During consolidation under heat and pressure the film will deform and mould itself around the structural fibres and CONTINUOUS ADHESIVE MATRIX. The shape is dictated by the mould and the structure dictated by the adhesive matrix securing the structural fibres. Therefore, the shape is not dictated by the mylar panel seam shape so is not broadseaming. Forget any previous analogy with tortured ply as you would be comparing a pre-consolidated structural material (the plywood) where shape is paramount with a non-structural material(mylar film)where the film overlap seam shape is incidental.
Just to highlight the difference with broadseaming, I have Sobstadt genesis sails. These are panels which are broadseamed, as the structural panels (non-continuous fibre tows)are shaped at consolidated panel joints (seams) which are glued to each other to impart shape.
Anyone care to start a poll to canvas general opinion on this?

Cheshirecatman