Mark,

Yes, I agree with your post. I would assume then the following would apply for the thread is how to attract the masses.

A group of racers in which the Hobby is enjoyed. This group would be for racing, organizing, regattas, and events.

Now to grab the masses, let us micro manage this, what will this offer the common folks.

1: A common thought of sailing and being competative.
2: I must have the best equipment.
3: Damm, must learn how to fly.
4: How much is dues and commitment.

A group for the lifestyle. This group would be for organizing let loose parties, barbecues, hangouts, sailing to nowhere, regattas and on the beach concerts.

Now to grab the masses, let us micro manage this, what will this offer the common folks.

1: Hey babe how about hanging out this weekend on the beach.
2: Dammit hole in hull, let me breakout the bondo and sandpaper.
3: Slow leisurely sail to the nightclub on the river.
4: No money no problem, no kids all grown no problem, sunburned no problem, hangover no
problem life is good.

The purpose once again will be to attract the masses to the Hobie lifestyle/hobby. Yes, the salesman was correct in pushing the lifestyle; once again it seems to have been forgotten.

Mark, you see the catamaran has split itself into 2 distinct frame of mind ideology.

This is perhaps why the hobby doesn't attract the masses.

I ask the group, how many parties from June-Sept from Friday to Sunday night on the beach, with your cat.

I mean 48-hrs non-stop, with the exception of snuggling in the sleeping bag to grab a few winks.

Why look at attached Ad, read between the lines.

Mike

Attached Files
13569-hobie29.jpg (58 downloads)