That boat is NOT (fully) planing. There is none of the telltail spray pushed out to the sides of the hull. There maybe some hydrodynamic forces in the vertical direction but the wake does not look any difference then from any other lightweigth fast beachcat.

There is also alot of erroneous comments presented in this thread, but I'm not going to correct them.

Wouter

Wouter, this is VERY specially for you.

The boat is only sailing at about 12/15 knots in these images. So no, it is not throwing spray out the side. It did on occasion on that day but no photo. I include a photo of my Nacra sailing in less wind and going slower as you can see by my being inboard. Check the lee hulls of the two boats.
I have been checking my theories out with a proven boat designer and Olympic sailor. Oddly enough I take his opinion far more seriously than yours.

I make this pledge to you.

This boat will travel comfortably at 20 knots and will be tracked at 25knots over a measured distance or I will crash and burn trying.

I do not care what you think about what is erroneous and what is not.
There is a point at which all of your computer "virtual" world becomes nothing more than the twittering of a "knowitall".
I have made my own less than scientific observations and will put my actions where my mouth is.
You however will wait and watch for the opportunity to pull someone down.

Attached Files
142954-DSC_6608.jpg (100 downloads)