warbird

some comments on your quest and zoomed pic attached

those pics of the tigershark are very interesting to a noob on many levels

some questions

1. if the TS is a scaled up PT are the beams and dolphin striker any beefier?
you mention that it is a lot lighter than your old nacra14sq. as far as i can work out the nacra 14sq is a shortened nacra16, which was a shortened nacra 5.2. which was already over engineered. so i imagine the nacra 14sq has a very solid/heavy beam and dolphin striker setup. way heavier than needed for the reduced hull volume?

the PT was almost the A class of it's day, so very lightly built. if the TS is uses the same beam and dolphin striker arrangement is it going to be strong enough to withstand the forces generated by those longer hulls at 25knot? not really an issue i guess as this is really only a 1 shot project

2. noob question here, noticed the boom has 3 hangers for the main block. seen similar on boomless mains but not boomed. when would you use the other hangers?

3. guess you'll put the lower batten in on your new sail?

4. does your TS have nacra rudders?

typos are a fact of life with keyboards and most any english speaker can read through them, but number typos are very hard for noob's

"The boat sailed faster than my Nacra 12sq....
The TS was designed on the Paper Tiger basic platform and stretched to be a 30 foot twin trap rig."

Attached Files
143260-tigershark2.jpg (86 downloads)

eric e
1982 nacra 5.2 - 2158
2009 weta tri - 294