The best "prize" would be the knowledge and experience gained by spending time with the guys that know! I don't need any awards to show up. I think that an event like the one in Texas-->
A couple of weeks ago TCDYC put on a sailing seminar focused on new cat owners who wanted to improve their boat handling. mentioned by flumpmaster
sounds like a great idea. I don't know how many cat sailor there are in my area (Lakes Lainer, Hartwell etc.) but I would think that a pretty good response would gather 30-40 people if there was a way to get the word out. I would be very interested in helping out in planning but I don't know the people that could make this go.

Kent

I know that most of the sailors in this area would support an event like this....so HOW do you get the word out? I can coordinate with my club on Keowee so we would have a clubhouse to have some off the water sessions, bathroom/shower facilities, tent and rv areas, and we've got tons of islands to race around. How do I find the sailors that I've never met and don't show up to regattas?

Jake Kohl