I have almost, almost I say, gotten in touch with Mike Krantz with Layline. (He was getting off a boat at Chicago last time I heard.) If he returns my call, I am going to plug this to him.

I realize that the primary aim is to get the greenhorn community in touch with the vets, as Jake mentioned earlier, but couple of random thoughts:

First, most of the folks who are buying these cats are pretty smart folks (and can afford the outlay).

Most of these smart folks who are just getting into sailing would love to hear from a Trey or Jake about rigging or racing tactics. That is not something just dealers have to do.

So, it's not just introducing greenhorns to vets, but also a way to pass along a little knowledge that will probably spur some into cats and racing in particular.

Second, I personally would look forward to a day or two of casual sailing with some low-pressure workshops on rigging or racing tactics. All done with a little fine dining and enjoying the water and the sun thrown in.

Most marinas and even a few restaurants like these kind of events (I assume) because they get to sell stuff. Start it at a marina and sail to a restaurant and eat. Sounds like my kind of weekend.