Jake,
We have had several new people to the SEACATS family this year who I feel were intimidated by our boats and our racing histories. I have done a poor job the last several years encouraging these "greenhorns" to come back, but as things settle out in my life, Im hoping to have more time to do so. I have also been unhappy with the racing scene as it is, and hope that I/we can do something different.
The Outback Cup Regatta almost didnt happen this year not because of decline of racers(last year we had over 100 boats) but decline in Race Committee(3 seperate race courses is hard to pull off), and other volunteers. The save came when the suggestion came to either do a 1 day race, or some kind of distnce race. The final word from last nights meeting was to have a distance race on saturday, and some sort of bouy racing on sunday, but possibly the cats have 2 days of distance racing.

My proposal for the cats is to have 2 days of distance racing. saturday we could all sail to sandy beach~8 miles out, hit the beach and enjoy a cool one, and/or switch boats, skippers, crews, and "race" back.

Sunday we could either do the same or have our own fun race, be it a relay race, a funky bouy race, or just a fun distance race. WE ARE OPEN FOR SUGGESTIONS!

If some of you big dogs(Lennard/Pitt/Krantz could do a seminar on Friday, that would be cool too.

I think Carraba's cooking friday night, Outback steaks on saturday, plus beer and a band.

Last edited by dave mosley; 07/17/08 09:22 AM.

The men were amazed, and said, "What kind of a man is this, that even the winds and the sea obey Him?" Matthew 8:27