Some distance style racing would be best, I agree.

Jake, just a quick thought about the inclusion of dealers like Nacra or Hobie that someone mentioned earlier:

As a semi-greenhorn who is returning to sailing, I find dealing with equipment and parts the number one frustrating problem. The sailing skills will come back gradually over time for me, I assume. It's not the sailing skills that's the culprit for greenhorns, IMO.

The puzzles with boats sources and sailing products and options are a pain.

Be nice if even just a parts supplier like Murrays would send a rep who sets up a table and explains parts options.

Just try getting the nearest Nacra dealer to the Carolinas on the phone.

That was my next step to contact dealers to see how they might play a role - but most of them are too far away to expect them to travel to our neck of the woods for something like that. Besides, we easily have most of the answers to any part / rigging question within our fleet (we have David Lennard!) - I think an important thing to accomplish is to break down that perceived barrier between the guys that sail a lot and the folks that are new to the fleet so that anyone feels like they can ask those questions.

Jake Kohl