Originally Posted by edgerock sailin
No, i dont plan to ever sail the 6.0 single handed. as for the ez stepper, i have a problem already with the front crossbeam being bent already. if the ez stepper or the winch i have on the trailer will make this worse let me know what the best way to get the mast up is. thank you.

An easy way to raise a mast that I've just had shown to me is for one person to be standing on the front beam leaning back holding onto a trap wire in each hand as though they're water skiing. As the person lifting the mast raises it they get the benefit of the other persons weight pulling it up which makes the step onto the tramp easier or the lift from waist to above head.
The other thing to consider is making sure your mast is sealed perfectly, when my 5.8 lost its seal and flooded the mast it took 3 of us to right it on the beach. The easiest way I've found to check for mast leaks is to tape a compressor nozzel to a hole in the bottom of the mast then when the compressors on brush soapy water on the mast and look for bubbles, works a treat and you cant over pressure the mast because the excess air just leaks out the tape.
regards

Jeff Southall
Current boats
Nacra 5.8 1703 Animal Scanning Services
Nacra 5.8 1667 Ram Raider
Nacra 18 Square
Arrow 1576