Originally Posted by HMurphey
Roland, when you get a chance come to Rock Hall Yacht Club (www.rockhallyachtclub) in Rock Hall Md. On June 19, 20 & 21st we have two different races: Down the River and The Annual One-Design Regatta (2-day). Camping on site, Clubhouse w/ resturant, bar, POOL!!! and most of the WRSC A-Catter's bring their families and attend.

Thanks for the tip about RHYC, Harry. I noticed the event on the Hobie Div 11/Fleet 54 website. For a home club, I'm hoping for something on the West side of the Bay, so as to avoid bridge traffic. But Down the River and the Annual OD Regatta sound great. I may be traveling in Europe for work that week, but if not, will try to make it out.

Originally Posted by LuckyDuck
Roland. It was great to met you Saturday at Gunpowder. I hope you don't think we're evil with the tone we take on some of our posts. It's all in fun and there's really much love. In fact just the other day Chris was walking hand in hand with an A Catter. It was a majic moment. Ed

Ed, now you've got me confused. I wasn't able to make it to Gunpowder, unfortunately. Were you at WRSC Spring Regatta too and we met there? I have to admit I'm getting somewhat mixed up between everybody's screen names and real names. Lots of new faces in a short period of time, and I'm terrible with names. crazy

I certainly don't mind the comments. Passion for something (i.e. a boat) you believe in is healthy. And as Mike F alluded to above, Catsailor is quite mild compared to Sailing Anarchy, even though that place serves a very useful purpose as well.

And, awesome that you've done to Statue of Liberty races on an A-cat. Having lived in NYC for some years, that would have to be the coolest regatta, on a cool boat to boot. Will have to put that on my "to do" list for when I get back Stateside in 2012. (Yikes, that's far out!)

Last edited by Africat; 05/04/09 09:56 PM.

Roland E.
Relocating to Dakar, Senegal (West Africa) in August, where I hope to sail Hobies and other beach cats a lot...