Spot on again Ncik
Your right about the regional use's for the F12 Wouter and I would encourage you to keep promoting to the adults. For me the F12 is perfect for our club to get kids into cat sailing.
My 8yo can and doe’s sail an 11ft cat no worries when there’s not much wind, no waves and he’s closely supervised by adults at all times. He doesn’t go far but has a great time. My F12 is for my experienced 12yo girl to sail 1 or 2 up so will have the added benefit of a jib and traps. My 13yo already sails the Arrow 1 up with the jib. Don’t underestimate the ability of the normal kids out there sailing nor they’re apparent average weight (by definition there are hardly any on the average). Most of the youth attracted to this cat will have been sailing dinghy’s for a while and will feel quite safe to see how hard they can push it.
You can make a bigger and puffier with higher buoyancy version for the adults and I would encourage you to do it but you shouldn’t plan to tinker with the minimum class weight’s exc to make your version more viable to adults at the expense of the younger users. There is no better youth friendly cat available in the world at the moment because its super light, has the safety of a short light boom with high aspect rig, minimum controls, easy to make and repair, modern looking and can be adapted to suit different regions.
Well done to the designers that have put these kid cats together
I’ve started to assemble the DS12 with the kids and I think you can say its child play

Attached Files
Eoin building F12.JPG (3684 downloads)

Jeff Southall
Current boats
Nacra 5.8 1703 Animal Scanning Services
Nacra 5.8 1667 Ram Raider
Nacra 18 Square
Arrow 1576