I'm just trying to draw the attention to a similar potential with respect to the F12's. It could mean the difference between becoming succesful or fail. I kid you not ! grin

Wouter

Spot on. If you trace the complete history of this "debate", back to youth development on the main forum, you'll find a repeating sentement amongst US sailors of...Why do we need another youth boat?

There was interest when this boat was heading in the direction of a platform capable of suporting a "light" adult. I have PM's from more than one American interested in building a prototype boat (at that time). I won a set of plans for a DS12 and have done nothing with them primarily because of the reduced weight carrying capacity. My target sailor was/is a 12yo girl who currently weighs 140 lbs. (63.3kg).

How much interest was shown when this was posted? I beleive the (or an) underlying concern is, what if my kid doesn't like sailing? Then what? I now have a "niche" boat that may be hard to get rid of.

I'm with Wouter on this one (no surprise). Open the range of usage up for the basic formula and it may be more a viable/marketable boat. Think more in lines of skegs vs. daggerboards, i.e. ease of use. Think more development of the unstayed rig, i.e. less time from cartop to water.

The Tabby looks nice BTW, and congratulations to those taking the initiative of actual building, continued design and development. Just thought I'd throw out why I've relegated myself to the sidelines on the F12.

(hijack off)

John H16, H14