Ok, I'm into it about 2 weeks now. I've got 2 or 3 hrs after work before it gets dark, been pecking away at it for 4 days, then running off to Flathead for 3 days of sailing, and then return for work and more boat repair.
Once the bottom was back in plane and solid, I could clean up the daggerbd opening and slip the lower half of the dggrbd well into position, duct tape the opening, flip the hull upright and just pour some slightly thickened epoxy around the perimeter. Next night I wrapped the joint at the center of the well with a couple of layers of 3" fiberglass tape and compressed it with peel ply. Could of used a larger opening in the side of the hull, or two small ones strategically placed, but it worked ok. The walls of the well lined up pretty nicely, and I only had a little work to do from the inside of the well to make sure it was watertight.
Laid up some 2" wide strips, 3 layers of 5 oz. glass, to form the flanges to support the reattachement of the access panel. Screwed them into place, drilled the access panel for screws, and test fit it. Bogged it all up, laid the panel in the opening and sucked it all together with more drywall screws. Pulled the screws, filled the holes, sanded, and vacuum bagged a single layer of 5 oz S glass over the repair.
Thickened some more epoxy with West's finest fairing filler, laid it over the repair on the bottom, and last night by headlamp I took the newly constructed longboards to it. Looks great, will do the access panel tonight, hope to have her ready for water by the weekend.

Attached Files
f16 005.jpg (97 downloads)
F16 repair 005.jpg (98 downloads)
F16 repair 006.jpg (98 downloads)