I cut and pasted this out of my latest UK-Halsey Newsletter. Abby is the 15-year-old (almost 16) younger sister of Zac Sunderland, who just completed his circumnavigation. She is preparing to do it solo, but also nonstop.

From Abby Sunderland
I have wanted to sail around the world alone since I was 13-years-old. At 13 I had been single-handing boats on a regular basis, but my parents weren’t ready to let me go. As disappointing as it was to be
told that I was too young, I did understand their reasoning, and so, I kept on working towards my goal.
When I was 14, Zac launched his campaign to sail around the world alone. It was a bit of a shock at first to hear that he was now doing it, but it was great being able to help out with his campaign. Watching Zac’s trip, we have all learned loads, and now after almost three years of dreaming and planning I’m finally pulling together my own campaign.
What am I going to do? Sail solo, non-stop and unassisted around the world alone. The plans, if every thing goes according to plan, (how often does that happen!) are to leave this November from Marina del Rey and to return in April, six months later.
My route will take me down around all the major capes. Yes, it’s a scary thought, alone in some of the roughest places there are, but I have been doing this sort of thing my whole life. Right now I’m in training. I’m also trying to keep up with my classes that have started. Sponsorships have been coming in and we are searching for just the right boat to make my dream a reality.