Originally Posted by HMurphey

To Ventucky- So you are a "Pennsyl-tuckyen" ... Don't you just miss a GOooooD cheese steak ... on a real Philly roll???? I happen to live 10-15m from Marsh Creek and started sailing there on a Sunfish (in 81-82') before I purchased a H16 ... we may have met years ago ....

Harry

Grew up in Devon. Our farm is now a condo complex. Best Cheese Steak back then was Theressa's Luncheonette on Lancaster Pike in Devon just across form the where the Courtyard is. Not there anymore. There was a place in Paoli that was not half bad either that was across form where the train station is.

Yeup did a lot of sailing at Marsh Creek - missed you by about three years; moved to California in 78.

Originally Posted by John Williams
Don't torture me with remembrances of cheese steaks... I used to work at 14th and Walnut, and the guy on the corner made the best in the world... never have had anything to compare since. I've stopped ordering them in restaurants, even the ones that say they're authentic. They lie.

John - when were you in Philadelphia? You ever make it up here we'll hook up with a local guy that is having the Rolls & Cheese sent out every week and there is a place in Huntington Beach that is doing the same. I'll get back to you on that one.

What I really miss in the Habbersett Scrapple, best food for a hangover - ever! Not that I can personally speak to this!!!!!!

[Linked Image]