Ok, before the GT 300 this year, most of us discussed going with different sail makers for our boats. It's been discussed amongst us for the past few years since the F18 class can shop sails and we can't yet still have to race against them for the Overall Trophy on Portsmouth.
This year we had Team Poison Girl with aftermarket main and jib (higher aspect but same sq footage). Team Dallas with a different jib. Team Yost with different spinn and Team Chums with different spin and jib.
Everyone in the N20 class was ok with it because of above stated reasons. This year I contacted Glaser to build us a spinn. Initial discussions lead towards building a Chupacabra chute but I decided on a chute that would measure in at the same size as the factory chutes. Jay built one that was suited to running the GT300 and the reaching conditions that are commonly associated with it. And I have to say, he hit one out of the park with the chute he gave us. I think it is finally a cut that does the platform justice. We were able to reach hard with it and not suffer. The acceleration was something I've never felt with that boat. In the puffs, rather than the usual healing over and driving down with it, it was more forward acceleration and controlled power. Now I know why the F18's keep getting faster. The sail development is a significant factor. Why not let our platform benefit from it for those of us who choose to stay with it?

Lee

Keyboard sailors are always faster in all conditions.