I also doubt that dividing the already small Nacra 20 class into 3 subdivisions is going to help anything. Simple is better...if opening up the sails is the answer, do it for all and change the rules. Pandora's box is already well open since there are already a large number of boats with non-nacra sails. There's no point in fighting the trend...open it, let the ratings go where they want, and hope the class continues to live on.

My point... use the name Nacra 20 Level Class as opposed to Intl Nacra 20 One Design Class. Darline included the NE version because it made life easier for scorekeepers and sailors for the rating to be published in the table as opposed to using the adjustments each time. This addition to the table would be the same thing.

Put the level rule down on paper.... in short order... it will be the N20 class in common usage (See GT300) .... and we will know that it is a level rated class (or not care) ... a slightly different flavor then the Intl One design N20 class.

When a class has this sentiment expressed.
This is another festering pimple on the butt. I don't like it, and it is what it is, and I don't like

It's time to get things clearly stated.... You may not like it. but people won't be surprised about that pimple in the level rated class. In a portsmouth race... If you are stock N20... you can register as Intl N20.... or as the Level N20. In SCHRS or Texel ratings.... your level rating would be identical to the OD rating so long as the level rule nailed the measured parameters down.

Remember, the two sail Classic Tornado rig does not have a class any longer.. The T Class changed the rules to three sails along with many other changes. The ratings tables renamed the boat to the Classic Tornado as a service to the sailors and scorekeepers.

Chris A souped up his Nacra 6.0.... He would send me a list of configurations and ratings depending on what he would finally register that day. PIA.... I hope the local N20 fleet lands on the level rated square... makes life easier. CRIS????

Last edited by Mark Schneider; 06/23/11 02:14 PM.

crac.sailregattas.com