Originally Posted by BadLatitude1337
I did not miss the point at all!!! He said (So, you guys are ok with letting Charlie race in the N20 class with a totally different rig? Just cause it's from PC? Different cut sails including a spin that hoists to a different point on the mast but not a spin that is the same size and hoists to the SAME point as factory? )
I’m all for opening that class and letting anyone cut the sails. But I will also keep buying PC parts until there is a new class rule. So trying say I can or can’t sail with a class legal rig is just ludicrous!!!!

I think he was just pointing out the differences that are already present in the class. I believe you have the only N-20 like yours(alu mast ,perf.sails) correct me if I'm wrong, so unfortunately that gets used as an example of the inconsistencies in the supposed SMOD N-20 class.I don't think he's trying to keep you from racing it. As I see it you're completely 100% legit. I just think all the variations are BS for a SMOD class.It either is or it isn't. I also think pointing out the aluminum mast as an advancement, when it was brought forth so the factory could save a buck and wouldn't have to source,ship, and stock the carbon extrusion is misinformation.

"I said, now, I said ,pay attention boy!"

The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea
Isak Dinesen
If a man is to be obsessed by something.... I suppose a boat is as good as anything... perhaps a bit better than most.
E. B. White