But wait... you joined the SMOD to save money didn't you! you can't go and buy another boat so you can have newer developed sails that's flies in the face of all that is sacred in SMOD!!! That would cost you more money!!!!
That money argument is nonsense. At some point you have to get new sails to remain competitive. Why not buy better sails that cost less?
Keep the 20 and get new sails from the sailmaker of your choice. If I've learned anything about sail development it ain't the sails that make the boat it's the sailor. If you love your boat, stick with it and have a great time. Get the sails you want and enjoy the new development ride on the Nacra 20 platform.

If the sails really do make that much of a difference then you would expect to start moving up in the fleet. Nothing, I said nothing, changes peoples minds like success.

Schurr Sails in Pensacola, FL have several new designs for the Nacra 20. I've seen them first hand and will be competing against them this weekend. I'll let you know what I think and whether i'll be buying my new set from Schurr.

Capt Cardiac
Ocean Springs Yacht Club
Sailor
Nacra20 - Flight of Ideas #5