So, I purchased a new suite of Schurr Sails (Main and Jib)just over a month ago for my 2001 I20 and I love them. Hunter, Mark Smith and Burt Rice Jr. have been tweaking the design for several years and it seems to have paid off. I am no rock star. In fact, I have been a sailor for less than 10 years. I am however a competitive son of a bitch and have been known to be on the north end of the fleet on rare ocassion.

I have now sailed the new rags in two regattas (Slip to Ship and Horn Island Hop) and I am pleased. The boat accelerates much better and is a monster on a reach. On the spin run, even with a stock 2 year old EP spin, the new main is driving the apparent wind and permitting me to sail deeper and faster than most of the fleet. For me to finish just behind Chalie Trinque (N20 Aluminum) and Andy Humphries (C2 F18)on Race 3 (20 miles all points of sail) tells me that I made the right choice especially given that I am really just starting to learn the sails.

I have no political agenda but I can observe that the "in fighting" is destructive to the class. I am very interested in creating a fair F20 class association much like Rick chose to do with the Waves. I wil work with Captain Cardiac and other interested souls to create a fair, flexible and transparant F class to continue to develop the fleet.

Ken Altman
"Kani Basami" N20
"Baby B" H.Wave